If you’re looking for a web hosting company that has been finely tuned for your WordPress site, then look no further than BlueHost they’re powering over 2 million websites and offer what has become known as the ultimate WordPress platform.
It says something about your company when WordPress.org classifies you as ‘’one of the best and brightest of the hosting world’’ with only 2 other hosting companies.
BlueHost has a full suite of tools specifically useful to WordPress site owners like WordPress-centric dashboards and tools as well as a 1-click installation but don’t let that scare you away if you intend not to use WordPress as your content management system.
Where are their servers based?
The bulk of Bluehost’s servers are located in Provo, Utah, USA but they also have data centres located in India, China, and the UK, where they can reach most global networks.
- Best uptime in the industry (99.99%)
- Bluehost is fast! If you integrate CloudFlare it’s even faster!
- Recommended by WordPress.org
- Impressive security features
- Low introductory rate – starting at $2.95/month
- The support team have mixed reviews
- Renewal prices on plans are higher than other web hosting providers
- Bluehost loves an upsell
- A site migration will cost you $149.99
Who should consider using BlueHost?
Looking to create a website using WordPress? BlueHost MUST be at the top of your list, it’s that simple.
Don’t feel left out if you’re not using WordPress as your Content Management System though, BlueHost have a number of web hosting plans that will still see your site speeding out across the inter-webs to your visitor’s screens.
In a nutshell, BlueHost has something for everyone.
- 9% Uptime
- Epic Security features
- Loads of Integrations, Apps, and eCommerce Features
- Free Domain Name for 1st Year
- Free SSL Certificate Included
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- 24/7 Support
Customer Support and Service
BlueHost support has mixed reviews from customers, there are a lot of people that have positive experiences with fast, knowledgeable and friendly service agents BUT there are also a bunch of people that have bad experiences.
Needless to say, the support team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and support comes in several forms:
- 24/7 phone support
- Live chat
- An in-depth knowledgebase
- Video tutorial walk-throughs and the usual how-to articles
There are five main types of web hosting plan on offer from BlueHost, once the introductory term is over your renewal price will increase depending on the length of term you renew for. There are options for 12, 24 and 36 months (36 months is the cheapest per month) – below prices are in USD
- Basic starts at $2.95/month for the first term then $8.99 for 12 months thereafter.
- Plus starts at $5.45/month for the first term then $12.99 for 12 months thereafter.
- Choice Plus starts at $5.45/month for the first term then $16.99 for 12 months thereafter.
- Pro starts at $13.95/month for the first term then $25.99 for 12 months thereafter
- Standard starts at $18.99/month for the first term then $29.99/month thereafter
- Enhanced starts at $29.99/month for the first term then $59.99/month thereafter
- Ultimate starts at $59.99/month for the first term then $199.99/month thereafter
- Standard starts at $79.99/month for the first term then $149.99/month thereafter
- Enhanced starts at $99.99/month for the first term then $199.99/month thereafter
- Premium starts at $119.99/month for the first term then $249.99/month thereafter
- Basic starts at $2.95/month for the first term then $7.99/month thereafter.
- Plus starts at $5.45/month for the first term then $10.99/month thereafter.
- Choice Plus starts at $5.45/month for the first term then $14.99/month thereafter.
WordPress Pro (Managed WordPress Hosting)
- Build starts at $19.95/month for the first term then $29.99/month thereafter.
- Grow starts at $29.95/month for the first term then $39.99/month thereafter.
- Scale starts at $49.95/month for the first term then $59.95/month thereafter.
- Starter starts at $6.95/month for the first term then $13.99/month thereafter.
- Plus starts at $8.95/month for the first term then $17.99/month thereafter.
- Pro starts at $12.95/month for the first term then $31.99/month thereafter.
*Want to understand the differences between server types and what to look out for to find the best web hosting provider for you? Check out our article ”Web Hosting – What, Who and How”
Alternative Web Hosting Providers:
Check out the alternatives…
Rebel.com is a relatively new player but is making waves and has award-winning support. They offer:
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 20GB SSD storage
- 100 email addresses
- 99% uptime guarantee
- Free WordPress migration and backups
- Global Servers
The managed WordPress plan starts at $5.83/month
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 100GB storage
- Free domain names and SSL Cert
The basic shared plans start at $2.75/month
Even though BlueHost is known for their WordPress hosting options they have a lot to offer anyone wanting to build a site, be it a simple blog, an eCommerce site or a large commercial venture that needs a dedicated server BlueHost has something for everyone.
Their plans are jam-packed with features and the range of plans provide something for every budget.
Overall BlueHost delivers on value and performance. Like most web hosting companies however you need to watch out for the price hike on your plane once the introductory offer expires.
There is a reason WordPress recommends BlueHost as one of only three webhosting providers isn’t it time you found out why? Start your online journey with BlueHost today for only $2.95/month!